Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Stuff of Legends

So the 3rd July was my favourite sickpersons birthday. Planning it was a friggin headache, but it all turned out okay in the end!

It's kind of two edged, you know? Preparing for the greatest birthday of all time made me really nervous almost to the point of nausea. But on the other hand, as I made my way to the terrace to make final preparations, it also made my heart leap in the joy of doing something for someone I love. (That, and the fact that I was about to GET SOME! lol, just kidding)

Anyway, it all went down nicely.


§§§§§

The adrenaline was pumping hard and fast by the time the clock struck 12 :D I woke my beautiful sleeping girlfriend up like the f***** sky was falling.

It was a weird feeling, because for the first time in a long time I cared what anybody thought of what I'd done. I was conscious, and nervous. And I was feeling all mushy inside. You know that feeling when you're in 6th grade and about to ask out a girl for the first time? Yeah, this was that.

Absolutely not caring for my vulnerability, she almost slapped me for waking her up too violently.

Undeterred, I was like...HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAY!!!

Then I saw those aesthetically crafted lips part into a bigass smile, and I smiled back, because I could feel the nervousness draining away.

Jules, on the other hand, completely expected to be going back to sleep, but I had other ideas :D I took her by the hand and asked her to follow me.

Her hair was out of order, her eyes were all groggy and spaced out, she was wearing crumpled clothes from tossing and turning in bed, and it looked like mascara was running down her face. She still had that bigass smile on her face, grinning like a retard. She looked beautiful. A part of me wanted to pick her up and cuddle her back to sleep again, but there were other things to be done!

I led her by the hand to the kitchen, where we lit this little miniature cake.



She thought that was that, and Senorita Groggity was ready to fly back into bed.

But nooooooooooooooooooooo!

This buddai is only getting started yet :D

I said that we were going to meet some friends and we got into the lift. To 'someones' surprise, the lift went up Up UP!!! To the top floooooor.

There, just as we exited the lift, Julzini's gifts were waiting for her! She took pictures of the bigass poster I made wishing her and the note I wrote for her, as well as of the awesome ass gift which she hadn't even opened yet xD

If she thought that was all, then she had grossly underestimated her super amazing boyfriend. Or she's just too simple, lol.

I slowly climbed the few remaining steps then, and opened the terrace door. What I saw next, made my jaw drop.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It was raining like hell :(

MY FRIGGIN BEDSHEET ON THE TERRACE THINGEE WAS WET AS FUCK'

We turned it around completely, though. We sat out on the ledge, just the two of us, sitting on a bed of rose-petals, under a tiny umbrella in each other's arms, staring out at the infinitely many clouds in the distance.

It was a humbling moment. I'd also say it was one of the happiest moments of my life. My girlfriend had travelled 5 thousand miles to meet me, and here she was on her birthday, in my lap while I shielded her from the rain with my little umbrella.

Life is good, and this day was just getting started...


´+ STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment