Thursday, January 29, 2009

Social Experiment No.XX

Believe me when I tell you that I have not showered for - 3 days now.

No, I've not decided to become Florida's mosquito breeding farm. Far from it, infact. This is actually part of a social experiment I've decided to take on. (ask me for info about it if you want to know more)

Oh, another reason is that I have no clothes. I gave up on laundrying sometime ago because I live on the 3rd floor and the walkway-bridge to classes is on the 2nd floor and the laundry place is on the first floor. A busy and sincere student like me has to make compromises and sacrifices sometimes. And sometimes that involves hard choices. I mean would any of you rather do laundry or watch Comedy Central?

Hmm, now that you put it like that...

Furthermore, there is the backbreaking and arduous task of tugging your baby blue laundry basket with white polka dots past the prying eyes of the engineering intelligentcia, not to mention a detergent the size of Varun Kapoor. And believe me, Varun Kapoor is heavy. Then there is of course the excruciatingly painful wait before the laundry machine. 90 minutes of uninterrupted indifference.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The goddamn sound drives you nuts.

Contrast THAT, with the comfort of your bed. The temperature is falling outside, but you're in your room, watching the rain hitting your window like an idiot banging his head on the wall. It's so satisfying. People are freezing to death outside, trying to get to class and...OH, DO. THEIR. LAUNDRY. While you're getting cosy with your blanket, silkily curled up in an igloo, posting on your blog, disregarding your homework and watching Family Guy on TV at 6:45 in the morning. It's a no brainer. Why do laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment